Holly is a one woman wonder. Not only is she an awesome trainer, she is an incredible mom to two rockin’ boys. She is an uplifting and energetic coach that pushes us to always try harder and chase our goals. She is an incredible athlete that only knows one speed...Go!
"Holly is a great coach as she is able to help me keep good form while at the same time encouraging me to improve each skill.
1. What made you choose CFL to meet your fitness goals over other gyms in the area?
When I started crossfit the only fitness goal was to keep up with my Dad. Dad was immediately hooked on Crossfit and as soon as I saw what it was and what my Dad could do there was no question. If Dad could do it, so could I. Little did I know this was the one of the biggest lifestyle changes I would experience. I drank the kool-aid, loved it and the rest is history.
2. What is your favorite thing(s) about working out at CFL? Has your experience working out at CFL been different in any way than experiences you’ve had at prior facilities?
Every WOD (workout of the day) pushes me to a new level. Nothing ever gets easier, which is what it's all about. I have tried a regular gym membership and it turns out I'm super lazy. If it's up to me to work out by myself I will never push as hard as I would in a group setting. Nothing compares to working out with a group of people who are always going balls to the wall. When I see other athletes kicking ass, it pushes me to work my ass off and try to keep up.
3. What motivates you to stay so consistent with your workouts?
My kids are probably my biggest motivator now. I need to get to the gym to take care of myself so I can take care of them. And as they grow into amazing young men it is really important that I still be able to rough-house and hold my own
4. What fitness goals do you have for yourself going forward?
Anything...everything! Haha. I want to get my muscle ups dialed in and become more consistent with all of my rig work. I want to get a handstand walk. I want to PR my snatch especially, but every other lift as well.
5. What do you like to do when you’re not working out at CFL?
I love spending time with my friends and family. Hanging out at home watching a movie with my kids, floating the river, trying new sports/activities
6. What would you name the autobiography of your life?
Head First. Haha! I have a tendency to jump head first into everything. Good, bad or otherwise, just go for it
7. What is the last good book you read?
The Blackbird House
8. Do you prefer cardio or strength training?
Strength, cardio is the devil.
9. What is your beverage of choice after working out?
Blood Orange Kill Cliff.
10. What does your perfect day look like?
I wake up in my beach front villa. I workout in my gym on the beach, take a nap on the beach, play in the sun, eat fatty, delicious foods and watch the sun set over the ocean.
11. What is your favorite kind of music (or musical artists) to listen to when you work out?
Big fan of Twerk Radio or a good 80s playlist but Marilyn Manson and L7 are my all time favs.