When I think of Heidi, one word instantly comes to mind, TOUGH! Heidi is not only physically strong, but she has the mental toughness to throw herself at just about anything. She has a "why-the-hell-not" approach to trying challenging movements and is an all around boss.
"She's dedicated, strong and always willing to learn and push herself." - Annie
Here's an inside look at this month's
1. What made you choose CFL to meet your fitness goals over other gyms in the area?
About 3 years ago I went to a CrossFit gym with a friend to check it out and I was instantly hooked. I checked to see where the closest CrossFit gym was to me and was super excited when I found out there was one in Livingston and I joined immediately. I love that all I have to do is show up. The coaches basically tell me what to do and how to do it and I don’t have to think about what I should do for a workout that day. I like that the workouts are always varied because if it were up to me I would probably only do the lifts or exercises that I feel I am good at which would really limit me.
2. What is your favorite thing(s) about working out at CFL? Has your experience working out at CFL been different in any way than experiences you’ve had at prior facilities? I really like that the class size is usually under 8 people. I like that other members are very supportive of each other and that the coaches are encouraging and positive no matter what level you are at. It’s always fun to see someone get a new max or get a movement figured out
3. What motivates you to stay so consistent with your workouts?
I have a few different motivations. One is because I always want to be stronger or faster than I was yesterday and that just comes from within. Next is I don’t want to get old. Right now it’s because I’m entered in a Spartan race and don’t want struggle through the whole thing. But mostly I love seeing the changes my body has made and the strength I have gained and it’s super easy for me to want to go the gym as often as I can.
4. What fitness goals do you have for yourself going forward?
1) To get back to running miles to help with my cardio.
2) To get a ring muscle up.
3) To be able to handstand walk.
4) To increase all my max’s (by a lot).
5) To increase mobility in my shoulders, hips and back.
If I can do those things then that will help me reach my ultimate goal which is to enter a competition at the RX level. I would also like to conquer the Spartan Trifecta this year.
5. What do you like to do when you’re not working out at CFL?
Mostly sit on the couch and relax in the evening. My job * can be physical some days and I’m around people most of the day so sitting down and listening to the quiet is pretty awesome.
*Heidi co-owns Spurline here in town, stop by and see the cool things they are doing!
6. What would you name the autobiography of your life?
My Life As A Chameleon
7. What is the last good book you read?
I read quite a few good books but one of my favorites is Counting Coup and anything by Janet Evanovich.
8. Do you prefer cardio or strength training?
Strength training. It has really helped my bowling game. I guess I like it all…especially when it’s over!
9. What is your beverage of choice after working out?
Water or Isagenix Recover (but really, I love a nice cold Mountain Dew)
10. What does your perfect day look like?
I have a few perfect days. One is on a warm beach In Hawaii. One is at the lake water skiing, jet skiing, BBQ
ing and drinking beer with friends. One is to be hiking in the mountains with friends or riding my horses. One is paddle boarding or floating on the river. One is spending a quiet day tinkering around at home and reading.
11. What is your favorite kind of music (or musical artists) to listen to when you work out?
Flo Rida, Pitbull, Flo Rida, Nickleback, Flo Rida, Linkin Park, Flo Rida