Meet Marisa Hess! Some people walk in to the gym, chat with their friends while warming up and in an unassuming way…proceed to blow tour socks off. Marisa is one of those people. Watching her grow in skill and confidence has been a rush and we can’t wait to see what challenge she’ll take on next!
Trainer Holly said that her top favorite things about Marisa are:
Her constantly winning attitude
She is a smart athlete - She knows her limits and still pushes them safely.
She is extremely coachable - She cares about form, implementing coaching cues and asks questions if something doesn’t make sense or feel right
Holly also added, “As a person, Marisa is the shit. She is strong, intelligent and a woman I greatly admire”.
Having fully established that Marisa is amazing, we interviewed her to see what makes her that way!
1. What made you choose CFL to meet your fitness goals over other gyms in the area? I liked the idea of class options and I am a competitive person. I need accountability, which the classes and trainers provide.
2.What is your favorite thing about working out at CFL? Has your experience working out at CFL been different in any way from experiences you’ve had at prior facilities? I like lifting weights! I didn’t know how to lift properly when I started so having the coaches’ guidance was extremely helpful and has become a favorite part of working out for me. CrossFit is different from other gyms I attended because of the technical guidance I have received from the coaches as well as the concept of setting lifting goals and achieving them!
3. What motivates you to stay so consistent with your workouts? Working out against myself. By logging my WOD results and my one rep maxes, it is empowering to keep trying to better myself.
What fitness goals do you have for yourself going forward?
Do another individual CrossFit competition
Do another Spartan race, hopefully a Super
Bench press my body weight
4. What do you like to do when you’re not working out at CFL? Play with my son and husband, hang out with my friends, and go to the Montana State University football games
5. What would you name the autobiography of your life? Set goals, Work Hard, Have Fun!
6. What is the last good book you read? Being Mortal by Atul Gawande (I like all his books!)
7. Do you prefer cardio or strength training? Depending on the day, I usually prefer strength training, but I definitely love the AirDyne!
8. What is your beverage of choice after working out? Cold water
9. What does your perfect day look like? Sleep in, a difficult WOD at CrossFit, and spending the rest of the day with my son and husband having fun at home!
10. What is your favorite kind of music (or musical artists) to listen to when you work out?
Pop and Hip Hop Power workout radio station on Pandora (Thanks Amy Dripchak!)