Meet Becky Turner
Becky is one of our newest members and has quickly become a familiar face around the gym. Her good attitude and excitement for pushing herself brings a good energy that is contagious.
Our trainer Regina says, “Becky is very conscious of her body position and her lifting form is textbook. She always pushes herself and it has been fun to see her make such amazing progress and get stronger each week!”
We interviewed Becky to find out a little more about what makes Becky…Becky!
1. What made you choose CrossFit Livingston to meet your fitness goals over other gyms in the area?
I had been curious about CrossFit for a few years, but never brave enough to give it a go. When my husband and I moved to town, I needed to get myself out of the house and meet some Livingston folks. Figured now was as good a time as any to try it out, and am so happy I did! CrossFit had been such a positive experience!
2. What is your favorite thing(s) about working out at CFL? Has your experience working out at CFL been different in any way than experiences you’ve had at prior facilities? I always feel like I get a great workout... even on the days I'm slacking, the WOD still kicks my butt! I love the community feel, and how encouraging everyone is, coaches and members alike. My absolute favorite thing is that I never have to think about what I am going to do for a workout... it's already planned for me! I just show up and work my tail off! At other gyms or working out at home, I felt like I would get stuck in rut and just keeping doing the same thing. The CrossFit workouts are always changing and it keeps things fresh!
3. What motivates you to stay so consistent with your workouts? The workouts are so challenging. I've definitely seen my overall strength improve. It's motivating when I can add weight or when I feel like I actually have a specific lift down.
4. What fitness goals do you have for yourself going forward? One pull-up... unassisted! Seriously, I'd be ok with just one ;-) And maybe handstand push-ups!
5. What do you like to do when you’re not working out at CFL? Hang with my 2 Springer Spaniels, Champ and Bailey. When there's time I love camping, hiking, gardening, skiing, pretty much anything outdoors.
6. What would you name the autobiography of your life? What the Heck Am I Doing?
7. What is the last good book you read? Do audio books count? Serious book... Brene Brown's The Gift of Imperfections. Fun book... pretty much anything by Janet Evanovich.
8. Do you prefer cardio or strength training? Mix of both
9. What is your beverage of choice after working out? Water and a green smoothie
10. What does your perfect day look like? Camping with my hubby and my pups, or a day at my family's ranch or an afternoon at a Bobcat game with my girlfriends!
11. What is your favorite kind of music (or musical artists) to listen to when you work out?
Pretty much anything... I'm not too picky!
Becky, we're so glad you're part of our crazy "family" and
can't wait to see where your tenacity takes you!